The South Florida Case Management Network is committed to the growth and development of the case management community in South Florida. To assist those who are seeking case management positions in the South Florida area, the Board of Directors has offered Members of the South Florida Case Management Network to post job opportunities on our website as well as in our Monthly Newsletter. If you are not a member of SFCMN, we will also post your job opening at the cost of $65.00 per ad. You can pay the fee via PayPal at https://sfcmn.com/?page_id=874. Once you pay, please email Anne Llewellyn with your job opening. You can reach Anne via email at email@example.com or by phone at 954-254-2950
Case Managers, bookmark the site and check back often for new opportunities. Please share with your colleagues.
Job Opportunities Posted as of November, 2020
PASSAGEWAY RESIDENCE OF DADE COUNTY, INC.
2255 NW 10TH AVENUE
MIAMI, FLORIDA 33127-4219
Phone: (305) 635-9106 | Fax: (305) 635-4687
Enriching lives by focusing on the strengths of our clients and their recovery.
Position: Case Manager (CM)
Annual Salary: $39,145 – $50,000
Status: Full-time, Exempt
1) Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a major in counseling, social work, psychology, criminal justice, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one in which major course work includes the study of human behavior and development) and have a minimum of one year of full time or equivalent experience working with adults experiencing serious mental illness; or
Case managers who were certified prior to July 1, 2006, who do not meet the above requirements may provide Medicaid services if they meet all other requirements.
2) Has completed or agrees to complete AHCA-approved mental health targeted case management training within three months of initially providing Medicaid services. If the training is not completed within three months, the provider agency cannot continue to bill Medicaid for services rendered by the case manager under the supervisor’s Medicaid provider number.
3) Credential of Behavioral Health Case Manager provided by Florida Certification Board.
4) Have knowledge of available resources in the service area for adults with serious mental illness.
5) Is knowledgeable of and comply with state and federal statutes, rules and policies that effect the target population.
6) Valid and current Florida Driver’s License.
Supervised by: Senior Case Manager
1)Acts with and on behalf of clients to assist them in functioning as independently as possible.
2) Represents clients and helps them speak for themselves especially as they are becoming involved with community agencies.
3) Arranges and sets conditions for service delivery from other community agencies.
4) Analyzes client situation, needs and system arrangements that will facilitate or impede service delivery; recommends services and initial plans for care.
5) Conducts assessments and develops the client’s service plan in accordance with the funder and accreditation criteria.
6) Works with the client and the client’s family to address issues related to implementation of the service plan.
7) Assesses the effectiveness of the service plan in meeting the identified needs of the recipient.
8) Links and facilitates the client with appropriate services and resources identified in the service plan through referrals to reach desired goals.
9) Advocates for the acquisition of services and resources necessary to implement the service plan by representing or defending recipients through direct intervention.
10) Coordinates the delivery of services as specified in the service plan with the help of the recipient, and the recipient’s natural support system.
11) Monitors service delivery to evaluate the recipient’s progress.
12) Documents mental health case management activities in accordance with the documentation requirements of funders and accreditation criteria.
13) Crisis Intervention/Support by assisting recipients in crisis in getting access to the necessary resources in order to cope with the situation.
14) Arranges for and coordinates after care services upon discharge
from the program.
15) Develops arrangements to facilitate interagency cooperation and coordination and/or plans for needed services with agencies.
16) Must be mobile within the agency and become a visible representative of the clients and continuously establish positive productive liaisons with other agency workers.
17) Conducts ongoing assessments and analysis of the positive and/or the negative effects of differing interventions and activities on the client, the target population and the service delivery system developing strategies to solve problems.
18) Provides support, mental health interventions and consultation to assist clients in decision making and planning.
19) Serves as the focal point for all information pertaining to the client within the team (all the staff working with the client).
20) Conducts home/room visits on the following frequencies:
21) Once a month for clients in the Residential program.
Once a week for clients in the Outreach program. Some clients may need it 2 to 3 times per week.
22) Responsible for the managing of client’s financial benefits according to the representative payee standards.
23) Reports to the SCM all critical deficiencies, concerns, and difficulties of assigned clients.
24) Participates in the recipient’s individualized treatment plan development and review with the psychosocial department.
25) Check, review and scan client’s mail.
26) Continues to provide services for clients that have been moved to ALFS.
Shall have basic knowledge of the health needs and problems of clients.
27) Shall report client’s illnesses and significant physical dysfunctions in a timely manner to the client’s physician and note such in the client’s record.
28) On call 24/7 to address any possible emergencies.
29) Shall report client’s special instructions in an internal social media platform.
30) Completes DC&F Outcome evaluations on a quarterly basis.
31) Completes & submits prior authorizations to Medical Records Coordinator for WellCare, Staywell, and other agencies.
32) Participates in Passageway’s Trauma Informed Care, Integrated Healthcare and Cultural and Linguistic Competency initiatives as required. This may include, but is not limited to, participation in trainings, surveys, data recording and gathering as needed, and implementation of new therapeutic approaches if appropriate.”
33) Responsibilities include but are not limited to the above stated.
Care Manager (Social Worker/MSW), West Palm Beach
Since 1974, Alpert Jewish Family Service (Alpert JFS), a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, has strengthened and enriched the lives of men, women and children of all ages. We do this through a continuum of focused programs addressing the well-being of children and families of all ages, the independence and well-being of older adults, and the optimal quality of life for individuals with special needs.
Alpert JFS is currently looking for a Care Manager (Social Worker/MSW) to be a part of our Long Term Care Department. Our Care Managers assist individuals and families in maintaining and/or improving their independence, level of functioning and quality of life by providing for and/or arranging for an array of social services.
Perform (in home) bio-psychosocial assessments including analysis of and independent judgment in the areas of physical functioning, psychological/emotional functioning, mental status, activities of daily living, instrumental activities of daily living, social functioning, nutrition, and environment
At one’s discretion, develop service plans based on assessment to meet client’s needs and to establish a working relationship
Independently refer for and coordinate needed services
Advocate to meet client’s needs; consult and collaborate with other professionals and service providers to assure comprehensive care
Counsel and support clients families and significant others to maximize their well-being
Monitor the ongoing needs of clients through telephone and face-to-face interaction in order to independently evaluate the treatment process
Document all activity & maintain case records to meet quality standards
Analyze and respond to emergencies/crises to maintain quality care
Candidate must be able to communicate well with professionals within and outside of the organization, as well as with potential members and their families. Time management and organization skills are essential in this fast-paced environment. A passion of working with the geriatric population must be evident in all interactions. MSW required; Three to five years’ experience with geriatric and special populations. Experience doing in-home assessments preferred. A valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance is required for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
REHABILITATION CASE MANAGEMENT, INC. has an opening for PART-TIME Contract RN, Medical Case Manager needed in all areas of FL and surrounding southern states.
Applicants must have one of the following (or able to sit for exam) national certifications: CCM, CDMS, COHN OR CDMS certifications
This is a field position in which the Medical Case Manager coordinates resources and creates flexible, cost-effective options for injured individuals on a case-by-case basis to facilitate quality individualized treatment goals, including timely return-to-work if appropriate. Area travel required for travel & mileage reimbursement. Work from home.
Flexible days/hours. Can work as many or few hours as possible. Great for semi-retired, part-time, etc.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for assessment and coordination of medical care related to Workers Compensation Injured Workers.
- Works closely with adjusters, medical providers, employers, and attorneys to ensure appropriate medical care, medical rehabilitation, and return-to-work.
- Requires excellent assessment skills and ability to work independently. Must be able to develop and foster excellent working relationships with referral sources.
- Case Managers must be proactive and assertive in the implementation of treatment plans and resolution.
- Must have strong computer skills. Work from home. Local travel.
- LTC Insurance Assessments require only RN + geriatric experience. Combines well with Workers comp work.
- Assessments are done in home and Dr offices/facilities.
Minimum education: Associate degree. Must hold an unencumbered RN license in State of practice. Compact license or licenses in other states, a plus.
Application Instructions: To apply for this position, please email resume and cover letter to Simone Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 305 253 5136. Visit our web page: www.rehabcasemgt.com
Rehabilitation Case Management has served the rehab community for 32 years! Join us!
Care Manager – RN, LPN, or FMG: This position is located in Miami, FL area.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida’s hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 3,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites, and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida’s largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital. It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high-quality medical care.
We’re looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation. We are looking for sharp, enthusiastic, professionals to become part of the energy and join our Care Management team.
RN, LPN, or Foreign Medical Graduate. Hospital experience required.
Case management and Discharge planner experience.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience and knowledge of computers
Schedule: Must be available on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
Must be available for 4-6 weeks of training during the week
InterQual experience preferred
As a Care Manager, you will engage in our efforts to improve patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes, and operational efficiency. The Care Manager works under the supervision of the Director and Managers of Care Management providing coordination of care for patients in Mount Sinai in such a manner as to use the right resources, at the right time and at the right level of care. Utilizing a collaborative process, the Care Manager will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the options and services required to meet an individual’s health and health-related needs. This includes using InterQual criteria to ensure medical necessity and making arrangements for any post-discharge needs as well as having oversight into each patient to ensure care is being progressed appropriately. Strong communication skills are necessary to access available resources and communicate with patient, families, physicians, and other members of the interdisciplinary team. The Care Manager serves as an advocate for the patient, family and the organization to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes.
- A team focused work environment with opportunities for professional growth.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential.
- Savings plan with company match.
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans.
- On-site childcare, tuition reimbursement and much more.
For more information, please contact:
Brenda Salazar Reyes
Field Nurse Care Manager: This is a field-based position with travel within Broward County and the N. Miami Area. If interested please call Heidi Hamm, MBA, RN, BSN, CCM, Clinical Health Services Director for the Aetna Community Care Program in Florida. Phone: 941-704-2185
We are building an exciting new clinical and member experience program at Aetna. Aetna Community Care is a member-centric, team-delivered, community-based care management model that joins members where they are. The Field Care Manager is a member’s first point of contact across a larger community-based interdisciplinary care team. The Field Care Manager provides long-term care management support to a member through a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy. The Field Care Manager connects members to the resources and services, available in their own community, to support the member’s comprehensive health needs while promoting quality care and cost-effective outcomes.
Responsible for long-term care management of eligible Aetna members with complex care needs; partners with an interdisciplinary team to deliver comprehensive, community-based care management services focused on helping the member maximize best health outcomes. Interacts with members in-person, in their home on a regular basis; also meets members at work-sites, a physician’s office, or at an agreed upon community location such as a library. Interacts with members telephonically, following at least the minimum standard of contact required per member based on their level of intervention. Completes in-person and telephonic assessments and care management support to members daily. Conducts individualized assessments to identify problems, goals, & interventions with corresponding measurable outcomes that drive the content of the holistic, member-centered care plan. Develops a healthy action plan in partnership with the member, defining problems, goals, and objectives to improve the member’s overall well-being/quality of life, continuously partners with the member to evaluate the member’s progress in setting/meeting the established goals, revising/updating the health action plan accordingly. Utilizes influencing and motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement; promotes lifestyle and behavior changes to achieve an optimum level of health. Helps members actively and knowledgeably participate with providers in healthcare decision-making; helps members actively and knowledgeably participate with community-based organizations able to support in meeting health goals. Conducts assessments for members discharged from an inpatient hospital or skilled nursing facility; supports the post-discharge plan of care for both members assigned within their caseload and members outside of the caseload but residing within their local community. Demonstrates proficiency with operating in a remote environment, connecting hardware/software, managing email in an Outlook account, and using remote communication software such as Skype & WebEx; able to demonstrate proficiency with Word, Excel, and experience documenting within an electronic health record. Other requirements include: the ability to flex work hours to meet the member scheduling needs, ability to travel within a designated geographic area for in-person care management activities distance is reasonable but not fully defined by one-way mileage limits.
Minimum of 3 years care/case management experience; Required
Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience; Required
Registered Nurse with an active state license in good standing CCM Certification; Desired
1+ years of community-based experience preferred, particularly within an interdisciplinary care team
Health Plan experience preferred Managed Care, Medicare/Medicaid, or Commercial Professional certifications preferred (CMCN, GCM, CRC, CDMS, CRRN, COHN, or CCM).
The ability to express oneself clearly both in writing and verbally.
Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Registered Nurse (RN) with an active state license in good standing required
Case Management Certification (CCM) or Certified Managed Care Nurse (CMCN) preferred
Additional national professional certifications preferred such as Geriatric Care Management (GCM), CRC, CSMS, CRRN or COHN preferred
The position is mobile. The role includes travel in Zone 1: Broward County and the N. Miami area.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
This is a work from home position, but the successful candidate will be responsible for daily travel in the below listed geographical area: Miami Dade and Broward.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
The ALARIS Group is looking for Field Nurse Case Managers in the state of Florida. We have openings in the areas of Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, and Tampa. ALARIS has been awarded as a top workplace and national Best and Brightest company. ALARIS is the nation’s largest independent healthcare management firm specializing in workers’ compensation case management.
This individual is responsible for the medical case management of work-related injuries which includes assessment, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of. Injured/disabled individuals. The Case Manager works with insurance carriers, medical care providers, attorneys, employers, and employees, and closely monitors the progress of the injured worker and reports results back to the employer and insurance carrier. The work of the Case Manager also helps ensure appropriate and cost-effective healthcare and wellness services, both on and off-site with area employers.
We offer a unique work environment that encourages autonomy and independence and utilizes a sophisticated virtual office.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in FL
- Workers Compensation case management experience is preferred.
- Excellent organization and timeline adherence skills
- Excellent PC and technology skills
- Excellent communication skills- written, verbal and interpersonal
- Valid Drivers License, and good driving history
Visit our careers page to view all openings, join our talent network, and apply!
Broadspire, a Crawford Company seeks a Registered Nurse – Medical Case Manager with National Certification Required
Requisition ID: 2017-1621 Job Locations US-FL-Miami
To apply for this position follow this link https://careers-crawco.icims.com/jobs/1621/registered-nurse—medical-case-manager-%28national-certification%29/job?in_iframe=1
This position is a work from home position requiring local field case management travel.
Nurse Case Manager wanted to provide effective case management services in an appropriate, cost-effective manner. Provides medical case management service which is consistent with URAC standards and CMSA Standards of Practice and Broadspire Quality Assurance (QA) Guidelines to patients/employees who are receiving benefits under an Insurance Line including but not limited to Workers’ Compensation, Group Health, Liability, and Disability.
- Reviews case records and reports, collects and analyzes data, evaluates injured worker/disabled individual’s medical status, identifies needs and obstacles to medical case resolution and RTW by providing proactive case management services.
- Render opinions regarding case costs, treatment plan, outcome and problem areas, and makes recommendations to facilitate case management goals to include RTW.
- Demonstrates the ability to meet administrative requirements, including productivity, time management, and QA standards, with a minimum of supervisory intervention.
- May perform job site evaluations/summaries to facilitate case management process.
- Facilitate timely return to work date by establishing a professional working relationship with the injured worker/disabled individual, physician, and employer. Coordinate RTW with the injured worker, employer, and physicians.
- Maintains contact and communicates with claims adjusters to apprise them of case activity, case direction or secure authorization for services. Maintains contact with all parties involved in the case, necessary for case management the injured worker/disabled individual.
- May obtain records from the branch claims office.
- May review files for claims adjusters and supervisors for appropriate referral for case management services.
- May meet with employers to review active files.
- Makes referrals for Peer reviews and IME’s by obtaining and delivering medical records and diagnostic films, notifying injured worker/disabled individual and conferring with physicians.
- Utilizes clinical expertise and medical resources to interpret medical records and test results and provides assessment accordingly.
- May spend approximately 70% of their work time traveling to homes, health care providers, job sites and various offices as required facilitating RTW and resolution of cases.
- Meets monthly production requirements and quality assessment (QA) requirements to ensure a quality product.
- Reviews cases with supervisor monthly to evaluate files and obtain directions.
- Upholds the Crawford and Company Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service, and respect for customers, co-workers, and management.
- Independently approaches problem-solving by appropriate use of research and resources.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or relevant course work/certification in Nursing is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years diverse clinical experience and one of the below
- Certification as a case manager from the URAC-approved list of certifications;
- A bachelors (or higher) degree in a health or human services related field;
- A registered nurse (RN) license.
- Valid RN licensure in the state(s) the incumbent works in.
- Must meet specific licensing requirements to provide medical case management services.
- Minimum of 1 National Certification (CCM, CDMS, CRRN, and COHN) is highly preferred. If not attained, must plan to take certification exam within proceeding 24 months and have a minimum of 4 years WC case management experience/demonstrated excellent performance in a similar position with another organization.
- Travel may entail approximately 70% of work time.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license in state of residence.
- General working knowledge of case management practices and ability to quickly learn and apply workers compensation/case management products and services.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to effectively facilitate return-to-work solutions within a matrix organization and ensure timely, quality documentation.
- Excellent analytical and customer service skills to facilitate the resolution of case management problems.
- Basic computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Lotus Notes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative working relationships with claims adjusters, employers, patients, attorneys and all levels of employees.
BSN Degree is preferred.
Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a leading international third party administrator, provides risk management solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology, and data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based in Atlanta, Ga., with 85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford & Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu), including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
- Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
Join a team of GENEX case managers who are committed to changing injured workers’ lives for the better” Make a difference in the lives of injured workers. Become part of an industry-leading organization by teaming up with the largest provider of case management in workers’ compensation!
Opportunity: We are currently seeking a Bilingual (English/Spanish-speaking) Medical Nurse Case Manager (RN) for the Fort Lauderdale/Miami, FL area. Must have either CCM, CDMS, CRRN or COHN. Work from home position. We are looking for candidates who have at least two years of clinical experience in nursing or rehabilitation. Genex’s expert case managers manage the entire continuum of care for injured workers, from injury through return to work.
They are responsible for assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating injured workers through the medical case management process. They work as intermediaries between carriers, attorneys, medical care providers, employers, and employees to ensure appropriate and cost-effective healthcare services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Compiling a case inventory on a monthly basis for submission to the branch manager to allow for proper billing and to calculate hours for bonus purposes.
- Completing insurance carrier reports on a monthly (or as required) basis, as well as other necessary paperwork for the insurance company, state, or other regulatory bodies.
- Maintaining the necessary credentials and demonstrates a level of professionalism in the workplace and in dealing with injured workers reflects positively on the company as a whole.
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of developments in the medical case management field.
- Keeping abreast of local workers’ compensation laws and regulations, as well as other issues related to the case management/managed care industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish-speaking) skills are preferred
- Diploma, Associate or bachelor’s degree in nursing or bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a health or human services related field required. Masters level and/or advanced study in a health-related field desired.
- Minimum of two (2) years full-time equivalent of direct clinical care to consumers required. Case Management and/or Workers’ compensation-related experience strongly preferred.
- Registered nurse with current, valid state licensure required.
Interested candidates can contact Elaine Greenberg, RN, BSN, CCM, CDMS, Case Management Branch Manager via email at
MKCM- A Growing National Case Management Company is looking for EXPERIENCED only INDEPENDENT Workers Compensation field case managers throughout the United States. If you have a minimum of 5 years field experience and are looking to join an amazing team of case managers across the country, please contact Mollie Kallen, President at Mollie@mkcminc.com or 954-347-5016.
We are looking for strong veterans who have an in-depth knowledge of providers in their areas and who aggressively work their files. We believe in minimal admin, and you get paid full professional for travel and wait time.
The best part is that you are working cooperatively with all the other case managers that are tops in the field and making a difference in the lives of our injured workers/employers/customers.
Reach out today or pass this along to someone who might fit the above criteria.