- This event has passed.
South Florida Case Management Network 1st Hospital Case Management Workshop
September 28, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Healthcare is going through a transformation and hospitals and other post-acute settings, Accountable Care Organizations and physician practices are caught in the middle. As the industry works to implement regulations and new ways of doing things, case managers are put in the spotlight.
The SFCMN Hospital Case Management Workshop will bring leaders together to discuss strategies and look at efficient models to meet the individual needs of their organizations.
Who should attend? Hospital Case Managers, Nurses, Hospitalists, Physician Advisors, Chief Financial Officers, CEOs, Patient Experience Officers and others who are designing programs to meet the demands of today’s changing healthcare system.
The meeting will be held on September 28, 2019, from 8 am - 12: 30 pm at Memorial Regional Hospital South at 3600 Washington St, Hollywood, FL.
Questions and to RSVP: Email Anne Llewellyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Sponsors for supporting this event. If you would like to support this event, please email Connie Phillips Jones at email@example.com for information.
Memorial Healthcare System Workers Compensation Program
8:00-8:15 Registration and Breakfast
8:15-8:30: Welcome and Introductions
8:30- 9:30: What you want to know about the CMSA Hospital Case Management White Paper: Speaker Stefani Daniels, MSNA, RN, ACM, CMAC
In June, 2019, the Case Management Society of America (CMSA) released its White Paper on Hospital Case Management Practice. The White Paper is the product of a two-year investigation by a task force of subject matter experts in response to the queries the CMSA receives from hospital case managers across the country. This session summarizes the findings of the task force regarding the environmental background driving the transformation of traditional case management departments into care coordination programs.
- Identify the current state of practice and the desired state of practice along with key elements of hospital case management practices that must be addressed to build a cutting-edge patient-centered care coordination program for the hospital’s most vulnerable patients.
- Discuss the transformation from case manager to care coordinator.
- Describe the value of process outcomes and Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs).
Discussion Break: 9: 30-10:00:
10:00 – 11:00 Session 2: Transforming Healthcare to a Patient-Centered Care Model. Speaker: Catherine P Hanson, Director of Patient Engagement and Patient and Family Advisory Council, University of Miami Health System.
Healthcare organizations increasingly are focused on providing care which is patient-centered rather than disease-focused. Yet little is known about how best to transform the culture of care in these organizations. This session will look how the University of Miami Health system is transforming to meet the demands of a value based system.
- Define Patient-Centered Care
- Explain the role of the case manager in working in a patient centered care model of care
- Discuss what outcomes can be captured to meet transformation strategies in individual organizations
11:00-11:15 Break Discussion
11:15-12:15 3rd Session: The Economic Impact of Healthcare Transformation. Speaker F. Scott Ross, Hospitalist, Cleveland Clinic Florida.
Dr. Ross will explore how physicians and case managers are working with the healthcare team to impact operating revenues through careful use of such tools as care coordination and transitions of care. He will talk about challenges as we move into a value based system.
- Discuss care team well-being as a prerequisite for an effective revenue cycle
- Review effective and participatory leadership
- Discuss the influence of case management on operating revenue
12:15-12: 30 Closing words by the Panel